[gui-talk] question about microphone setup

ken lawrence kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Tue Jun 11 20:40:18 UTC 2013

Hi list still am having trouble with my microphone.  on skype or on the web conference plugin I use to participate in a web show hosted by a friend they can’ hardly hear me.  so got a question ran the setup wizard again and this time haveNVDA speaking progress updated the voice bounces back and forth for an instant working really fast between the next and back buttons it has gotten as high as 66 percent and once for a split second  it was 100 percent.  but most of the time it bounces between 1,2 3 maybe 4 or 5 but mostly 1 and 2 back and forth.  so have an idea.  is this possibly do to the headset microphone I am using not being an exact match for the jack in back of the computer.  it plugs into the headphone jack in front and goes in cleanly is this maybe why my microphone isn’t working right?