[gui-talk] Task Scheduler Not Running in Windows 7 Home Premium

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu May 2 02:12:19 UTC 2013

Hi, all.

Schedule backups have stopped working. I conclude that this is because the
Task Scheduler is not running. I'm using windows 7 Home Premium SP1 with a
HP Pavillion DV7 laptop. I've looked at a ton of Internet sites and know
that the DCOM launcher service, the RPC service, the windows Event Logger
are all running. However, running services.msc in administrative mode shows
the Task Scheduler as stopped. If I try to start it, I'm told that the
service is starting; then I'm told that the service has stopped. There is no
error code reported. The Task Scheduler is started automatically under
Windows 7 and should keep running.

Short of reloading Windows, do any of you have any ideas how to fix this?
Everything else seems to be operating normally.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Freeman