[gui-talk] Help With JAWS 14 and Internet Explorer 10

Debbi Williamson debbi107 at atlanticbb.net
Thu May 16 13:46:12 UTC 2013

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago, I found that my computer had automatically updated to
Internet Explorer 10.  I am using Windows 7.0, 64-bit, and JAWS 14 and what
appears to be the latest update to JAWS 14.  Apparently, when updated, the
internet explorer seems to have changed a great deal.  I am no longer able
to navigate my banking site, for example.  I can't seem to make choices in
combo boxes and cannot seem to land on the appropriate edit boxes to
complete payment information.  When, after finally--almost by
accident--getting the proper information entered, I cannot find "submit"
buttons.  If I use Mazilla firefox, I am able to perform the necessary
functions without a problem.  Another issue I don't know how to fix is this.
I have Microsoft Office 2003 and use Outlook.  When I am in an email and
want to "click" on a link to take me somewhere on the webb, I am told that
the action has been blocked and to check with my administrator.  Well, it is
my computer and this "administrator" does not know how to fix it.

Are my problems with JAWS or Internet Explorer?  And, how do I fix them.  I
used to really like this computer but, now, I struggle to do things that are
important to me.  If there are settings I should change in Internet Explorer
or JAWS, I would be most appreciative of some suggestions.  I won't even
tell you how much I hate the new way I seem to have to use to download my
BARD books.  I realize I have to do the aalt-n but I find it most
annoying...

Thanks for any help.

Debbi