[gui-talk] Backing Up a Registry Key

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed May 22 18:24:22 UTC 2013

Greetings!
Under Windows 7, I know how to use Regedit to back up an entire registry. However, a procedure I'm considering to fix a problem says I should back up a particular key before I delete it and restart to see if the problem is eliminated. How does one back up a single key? Or do the instructions merely mean to back up the whole registry and restore it in Safe Mode if I've messed things up?
And before I am admonished to not mess with the registry, be aware that I used Regedit extensively under Windows 95 and that my alternative is to reload the entire system.
TIA!

Mike Freeman