[gui-talk] Word Count Problem in Word 2016 and JAWS 17

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 15 22:59:55 UTC 2016

Hi Doug,

Excellent questions!

1. When I go into the dialogue box, I cannot escape out of the dialogue box.
If I leave JAWS on while in the box, JAWS keeps saying, "word count
dialogue" and freezing. I can't use any of the keystrokes like Insert, Tab
and Insert, B. The only way I can get out of the box is if I turn JAWS off
and press Alt, F4 to close out of the document. When I had the "Word not
responding" error" before the August update, JAWS read that, but only if I
closed out of a document.

2. I'm not sure, but I have a feeling it's Word. I doubt it's a script bug
because before he end of October, JAWS read the box beautifully, and I could
virtualize it and everything.

3. System changes. Yes. I didn't know this at the time, but Microsoft
updates Office 2016 every month so it's like you're on a new "channel." I
thnk aroundtha time, they came out with a new Office update. Freedom
Scientific said System Restore wouldn't help this issue. I tried
uninstalling updates before this happened - no go. I don't have a Braille
display attached to this computer. When I look at the "free space" column on
"Local Disc," it is 27% full.

4. The only common thing aboutthe documents is, they're all Word documents.