[gui-talk] {Spam?} Re: JAWS and Window Eyes Now Owned By the Same Company

Mike Arrigo n0oxy at charter.net
Wed Jun 15 19:04:32 UTC 2016

I think this is a sign of the times that expensive screen readers are
on the way out. With free options such as system access and NVDA, and,
at least at this point, window eyes being free to Office users, there's
really no reason to spend that kind of money for a screen reader. Even
narrator in windows 8 and windows 10 offers more functionality than
ever before. This company now has a monopoly on the paid screen reader
market, aside from Dolphin in the U.K. This makes me even more glad
that I have left the Windows world and use the mac exclusively, at
least for home use.