[gui-talk] Fwd: New Windows 10 accessibility features will improve many lives - TechRepublic

Gregory D. Rosenberg gregg at ricis.com
Thu Feb 9 16:38:43 UTC 2017

Good morning,

I wouldn’t worry too much. Microsoft won’t even be close to threatening FS for another 15 years give or take. If they intended to take the requirement seriously they would have done that a long time ago. It will always be treated like a bothersome step child.

Apple on the other hand could well be a threat. They are making a major push. A few years ago they created a special support group for us. Matthew (and I forget his last name) who worked in the Lincoln Park store was taken away from us and now plays a senior role in their development effort for all forms of challenges / disabilities. The guy he trained for his replacement thought me a good deal about VoiceOver. He was quite monumental in their achievements in these areas over the past few years.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/gui-talk_nfbnet.org/steve.jacobson%40visi.