[GUI-Talk] Recognition of External Drive

Debbi Williamson debbi107 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jul 17 13:09:09 UTC 2018

I posted this question yesterday and didn't get any answers so I am trying
again.  I am running Windows 7 and JAWS 18.  A few months ago, I had to have
Windows re-installed on my computer.  Since that time, when I plug in an
external USB drive, though I can hear that it has been recognized, I can't
find it.  I have looked in "computer" and control panel.  I just can't find
it.  I have tried searching for various letters that might be assigned to
the drive but, nothing works.  Is there a way to find the external drive and
a way to give it a letter name?  I have tried using Windows Explorer to find
the drive but that doesn't work either.  Because I can't find the drive, I
can't tell what is on it.  And, this is true for all three of my USB
external drives. So, I can't know what is on them and I can't add anything
to them.  Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

---