[GUI-Talk] Help!

Starry Sky Starry_sky at live.com
Mon Apr 8 13:17:28 UTC 2019

I learned this the hard way too!  Now, I have set the Save AutoRecover information to every 5 minutes.

You are usually prompted to save a file when you close it if you had not done so before or if something had changed since the last save.  It sounds like you have already checked the Recent Documents or My Documents folder.  Did you try a general search across the entire drive with the name that you saved it under?  If the list is super long, then sort the list by date modified to find the latest or date closest to when you closed it.

In certain situations like shutting down the compute with no opportunity to prompt, Microsoft does keep unsaved files for recovery in separate folder on your computer.  Depending on what version of MS Word you are using, Go to the File tab - Manage Document and select the Recover Unsaved Documents.  This should launch the recovery folder on your local drive.  Hopefully it is in there.

And, there is also a chance it could be in your general temp folder depending on how it was launched/viewed.

Hope this helps~