[GUI-Talk] internet and phone os and related stuff

Bruce Naccari bnaccari at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 19:20:16 UTC 2019

If this is not within the GUI Talk  service scope please  delete or
block it and if another forum fits let me know please?  Near
embarrassed to say so: I have never had a smart phone since the early
versions of Voice Over did not please me but  near  nine years later I
will have to go to a phone store and check out the various smart
phones and their  current accessibility software: Can y'all advise me
which Smart Phones and which accessibility screen for use by  a
totally blind user  (all screen accessibility by visibility
irrelevant) is best and easiest to use? Which cell smart phones use a
windows MS related operating system if any that are better or worse in
accessibility/utility than apple?I bought an Apple tablet  nine years
ago and found Voice Over difficult especially since I have never used
ios or apple products before.  I ended up  pretty much using it only
when unable to access the internet. How is Android? How are Samsung
phones?Keeping in mind the irrelevance of  screen visibility features
which  system/phone/accessibility software  for the phone  out of the
box is best for my use? How is a "stylus"used? How good are voice
command  systems? Do any use an external foldable or small keyboard--I
get very impatient with the online keyboard for typing text or
commands by touchscreen.Will   Which is best in voice commands and
dictation?Will only a peculiarly ios keyboard work with an apple
phone?
I regret that I've never had a smart phone since the early versions of
Voice Over did not please me but  near  nine years later I  hear it is
much better and feel I really should work the effort to go to a phone
store and check out the various smart phones and their  current
accessibility software: Can y'all advise me which Smart Phones and
which accessibility screen for use by one who  does not care about
screen  visibility features is best and easiest to use and about any
helpful information about  styluses, external keyboards, online or
pre-loaded accesswibility tutoring  material? I assume the knfbreader
works with all cell phones? Thanks  Pls.pardon my ignorance and  long
questions!.