[GUI-Talk] Question about using VMWare

Maurice Mines maurice.mines at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:57:29 UTC 2019

  Good morning, yes JAWS will work in a virtual machine. I’ve done it
on multiple occasions. You do have to be careful however when
installing. I would strongly advise that you just make certain that you
have an extra installation token in your three allotted installs in case
something does go wrong. And I would further recommend that you backup
the system but after you build it. This will come in handy should
anything go wrong that isn’t related to jaws directly. This is also
very dependent on what version of VMware you are running. If you’re
running version 10, or version 11 what are the two versions that I’ve
used JAWS with without a problem you shouldn’t experience any major
issues. This testing was done with John’s version 18 and 19. There is
limited success with version 17. But as far as I know it should be fine
any virtual machine running Windows. I am of course talking about VMware
fusion which runs on a Mac. Does this say he made it 2015 MacBook Pro
with 16 gig of RAM but the 2.2 GHz processor and using Windows 10 Pro.
Good luck and let us know how it goes?

Sincerely Maurice Mines.
Amateur call, kd0iko.
VP national Federation of the blind of California Bakersfield chapter.