[GUI-Talk] smart speakers/touch screens /accessibility

Bruce Naccari bnaccari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 19:03:34 UTC 2019

 My question I think  relates to GUI because I have heard that a GUI
touchscreen might be involved in setting up and initiating smart
speaker like the Alexa machines and competitors? What I would like to
know is balancing   capabilities, performance and accessibility  out
of the box,which is the best  Alexa-like   but any  maker/vendor
smart speaker  machine for a blind user to maximize use and set up
alone,or in other words start up and use with the least need for
sighted person assistance or guesswork? And what are the notable
lackings,shortcomings and/or riks of these devices for a blind user?