[GUI-Talk] GameBar?

Farwaneh, Samira - (farwaneh) farwaneh at email.arizona.edu
Mon May 6 01:54:10 UTC 2019

Hello

Something strange happened yesterday that I have not experienced before. As I was typing a message in Outlook, pressing the letter g key stopped Jaws and disabled the keyboard for a few seconds. When I asked a sighted friend to check the screen, he said that there is a prompt that says "Do you want to open the Game Bar?" with yes/no buttons.

What is this Game Bar, and how can I change my settings to prevent the g key from bringing up this prompt?

Thanks
Samira

Samira Farwaneh, Ph. D.
Associate Professor, Arabic Language and Linguistics
School of Middle Eastern and North African Studies
Department of Linguistics
Second Language Acquisition and Teaching Program