[GUI-Talk] Adobe

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 17:29:55 UTC 2020

May I ask what version of JAWS you are running right now and also when this problem manifested? I had thought this problem to have been fixed with a JAWS update.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

> On Jan 30, 2020, at 10:11 AM, Farwaneh, Samira - (farwaneh) via GUI-Talk <gui-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hello Adobe users

I have a problem with Adobe that I did not encounter before. When I read a PDF document on either Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Reader, then I switch windows to Word to take notes, then return to Adobe, the cursor reverts to the top of the document, and I have to scroll down to find where I left off. I checked the quick settings (Insert-v) and checked a few items, but could not get the cursor to stay where I stop reading. Can you think of any setting that would preserve  cursor position in Adobe?

Right now, my solution is to save the file as a Word document; but I want to be able to read the PDF file without losing my place as I did years before.

Thank you all
Samira

Samira Farwaneh, Ph.D.                                                School of Middle Eastern and North African Studies
Associate Professor                                                        L. F. Marshall Building #450
Arabic Language, Linguistics and Pedagogy           845 North Park Avenue
Department of Linguistics
Second Language Acquisition and Teaching Program (SLAT)