[GUI-Talk] Time Passes

David Andrews dandrews920 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 8 12:24:05 UTC 2020

For those of us who have been around, I have a few names, having to
do with illness etc.

Charlie Cook was a programmer for the NFB for many years, over 30 I
think, some as a contractor, some as an employee. He is best known
for writing the original NFBTrans.  Charlie passed away last week from cancer.

Chuck Opperman worked for Henter-Joyce in mid 90's and was a
principal developer on the early JAWS for Windows. He later worked
for Microsoft in accessibility, and works at Malware Bytes now. He
caught the COVID-19 virus and was quite sick. He was in intensive
care for some days, but has recovered to the point where he was sent
home. He is weak but glad to be there. He lives in Florida.

David Holiday was the original developer of Braille-Edit, BEX, and
MegaDots, He has worked for Duxbury Systems for many years. He has
had some form of cancer for some time and has also been receiving
treatment.  He has been in the hospital or rehab facilities for many
months. He also unfortunately caught the Coronavirus.  We wish him well.

I know our thoughts are with these people and their families.

Dave

https://www.avg.com