[GUI-Talk] Emojis with the Latest JAWS 2021

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 17:58:50 UTC 2021

Hello:

It would appear that the emoji problem with JAWS 2021 is not consistent across different systems. Prior to the most recent update, released yesterday, I was able to press Windows period to bring up the emoji grid and then use my left, right, up, or down arrow keys to focus on the emoji I wanted. JAWS would say the emoji I was focused on as I arrowed to it.

After updating to JAWS 2021.2102.34, I can no longer hear what emoji I am focused on when the grid comes up. This problem cannot be recreated, apparently. The two people with whom I spoke at Vispero could not duplicate my issue.😊 This is not a criticism; merely a factual statement. We're still working on this issue.

I am curious if other people have encountered emoji issues after applying the latest JAWS update.

Thanks.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong