[GUI-Talk] JPG's and PNG's

Humberto humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Tue Jul 27 01:06:34 UTC 2021

Dear Susan,

Yes, it is currently possible to convert .JPG and .PNG files to either
Word or other file formats that are accessible.

Depending on what version of JAWS you  have, there are different ways.
I, for instance, have JAWS 2021, and I can just scroll to a .JPG file in
Fire Explorer, then press the Insert+spacebar, followed by O, then R to
ORC straight to a clean, accessible and well laid out Microsoft Word
document you can review and edit.

Insert+Space, then O for ORC then F for file will do the same thing, but
it'll just place it in the virtual buffer within JAWS rather than in a
document and this feature works regardless of what version you have (so
long it's 2016 and later).

An other option you can try is to check out this web site:

http://www.robobraille.org

It will take any JPG, PNG and PDF you want to upload and will email you
an accessible Word, HTML ro other text file right to your email inbox.

Hope all this helps. If you have more questions, let us know! :)

Kind regards,

Humberto

JAWS Certified, 2021 <http://freedomscientific.com/training/certification>

NVDA Certified Expert <http://certification.nvaccess.org/>