[GUI-Talk] Google Docs, Google Drive, Etc.

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 20:11:05 UTC 2021

Hello Susan:

May I say that the most positive result is achieved with what is called
Google Workspace with the JAWS virtual cursor turned off. I bet you never
had to do that before.

That said, each specific application has its own unique set of keyboard
commands. Also, before you can even attempt to read a Google Docs document,
you need to turn on both Accessibility Mode (CTRL+ALT+Z) and Braille Mode
(CTRL+ALT+H). It all gets harder from here. Google does have a plethora of
help pages, but you have to read them thoroughly and carefully. This is no
laughing matter. The Google Workspace is here to stay, and nothing will
change how it works today. We just have to live with it.

With kind and sympathetic regards,

Curtis Chong