[Home-on-the-range] FW: Kansas - We have 30 College Scholarships for blind students

Donna Wood donnajwood at cox.net
Sun Dec 19 22:15:45 UTC 2010

  _____

From: Rovig, Lorraine [mailto:LRovig at nfb.org] On Behalf Of Scholarships
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 2:06 PM
To: donnajwood at cox.net; weberfam07 at comcast.net; tonih at kslib.info;
Jerry.Leonard at srs.ks.gov; Rosemary.Taylor at srs.ks.gov;
Dennis.Ford at srs.ks.gov; Joan.Newman at srs.ks.gov; Jennifer.Graber at srs.ks.gov;
Paul.Meals at srs.ks.gov; supt at kssb.net
Subject: Kansas - We have 30 College Scholarships for blind students

TO:  NFB-KS; POBC-KS; Kansas Talking Book Services; VR Servs for the
Blind--SVBI-6 Regional Directors; Madeleine Burkindine,
Superintendent-Kansas State School for the Blind.

Dear Counselors and Educators, Parents and Advocates,

We offer legally blind students the largest scholarship program in the
United States and Puerto Rico.  Please share the following information with
anyone assisting blind high school seniors who plan to go to college in the
fall of 2011.

 <http://www.nfb.org/nfb/scholarship_program.asp> NFB to Award Thirty
Scholarships in 2011

To recognize achievement by blind scholars, the National Federation of the
Blind annually offers blind college students in the United States the
opportunity to win one of thirty national scholarships ranging from $3,000
to $12,000.  The NFB is accepting applications until March 31, 2011.  For
further information, including eligibility requirements and application
information, please visit www.nfb.org/scholarships.

Cordially,

Lorraine Rovig

Assistant to Patti Chang, Esq.

Chairperson, NFB Scholarship Committee

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

       at Jernigan Place

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

Office:  (410) 659-9314, x2415

E-mail:  scholarships at nfb.org

Website:  www.nfb.org/scholarships

P.S. Please text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB
Imagination Fund via your phone bill.