[Home-on-the-range] From your monitor

Susan Tabor souljourner at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 13 03:45:27 UTC 2010

Greetings, all!

Wonderfully stated, Rob! I will add that I too have been awe-struck as I
have watched Dr. Maurer with the NFB grow in leadership and in advocacy
approach and in developing/resolving issues. The comment you made about
support without judgment is something I feel strongly throughout the
organization, and it's much more compatible with my style of advocacy. It
doesn't mean that issues are glossed over, chocolate-coated or ignored. It's
all about how they are presented. Confronting an issue doesn't have to be a
hammer to the head. It can be a velvet hammer touching the head, then the
heart; or, the heart then the head!

Cheers,

Susan