[Home-on-the-range] disappointing news

Donna Wood donnajwood at cox.net
Thu Jul 22 17:06:19 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

For those who were not blessed to meet and get to know Jack Kelly, let me
tell you just a little about him.

Jack Kelly was a long time member of the NFB and a founding member of the
NFB of Kansas.  Jack's first national convention was in 1955.  I will need
to varify this with his wonderful wife Martha but I believe he attended most
National and State conventions since 1955.  Jack was a strong and committed
member to this organization and was always concerned about the next
generation of blind members.  He wanted them to have every opportunity that
he had and then more.  It is the steady as you go members like Jack that
keep this organization going.  We have great leadership but with out members
like Jack we don't have an organization.  Jack's wife Martha is our state
treasurer and should also be commended for her dedication and commitment to
the NFB as well.  In future if you are given the opportunity to spend some
time with Martha you might ask her to share her and Jack's experiences in
the organization with you.

I submit this post in memory of Jack Kelly.

Donna

  _____