[Home-on-the-range] The most current update on Comet

Chikako Mochizuki extremepositiveness at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 02:40:42 UTC 2011

Hello Kansas Fellow Federationists:
This afternoon I have visited Comet at Veterinary Clinic in Manhattan KS.  Despite still having a tube in her chest she seemed to be doing well and certainly making progress toward recovery.
The tumor which was removed by surgery this past Wednesday was non-invasive.  Since her tumor has been removed completely, she does not need any additional postsurgical treatment except timely checkup.  They are hoping that a tube in her chest could be removed tomorrow.  If all goes well she would be able to come home by Wednesday this week.  Although she would not be able to work with me fully for about two months due to the bone healing process, I still feel much better to have her back with me in Lawrence.
I sincerely thank you for all your support, generosity, kind thoughts and genuine concern for comet.  The second article on Comet could be found at
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2011/apr/16/guide-dog-undergoes-surgery-
help-community/
Thank you so very much.
Sincerely,