[Home-on-the-range] An article from www.kansas.com

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:55:14 UTC 2011

Dianne, I think the things you have said in the story of how the NFB has impacted your life are extremely important. I think many could share them; I think you all ought to have a time at convention for such a panel. I think what people have done after attending NFB Centers is important, but many of you made it without that and have come out with that philosophy that will, in the long run, never fail you. I came to Iowa to live with my father from Missouri/Kansas. I had been attending the Kansas school but was living in Missouri. Long Story. Anyway, I was a student at the Iowa Commission for the Blind when Kenneth Jernigan was its director. It truly did impact my life. I can't really imagine what that life would have been like if I hadn't done that, but maybe I would have made it through, too. Anyway, I think you should all share your stories. I didn't know all of Donna's past. I didn't know she worked for Human Rights before she worked for the Kansas Rehab. So all of you have something important to share.

Cindy