[Home-on-the-range] An article from www.kansas.com

snickell snickell at tilrc.org
Fri Aug 12 13:49:30 UTC 2011

I agree.  I did not graduate from one of the training centers that
promote the NFB philosophy but my brother did.  It would be nice to find
out what others have learned besides how to party all the time.  (smile)
Like you Dianne I attended the rehab center for the blind in Topeka
after high school graduation for the summer.  It helped me choose my
major in college but other than that I didn't get much out of the
experience either.  Oh yeah, I did meet someone that I have kept in
touch with over the years.
I haven't been involved in the NFB for very long but I have learned a
great deal from everyone who I've come in contact with.  It's made me
want to learn more from others as well as one my own.  Had I not been on
an extra long bus ride and ran in to Donna when I did I probably would
not have had the oppertunities with this organization that I have had or
or laughed as hard as I've laughed in the last couple of years.
Thanks
Serena