[Home-on-the-range] FW: Plan Considered for Downsizing SRS

Susan Tabor souljourner at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 7 04:51:31 UTC 2011

Greetings, fellow Federationists!

On viewing this article, here is my response:

I realize that SRS is a large agency and that because of its size it hasn’t
always operated efficiently. But the reasoning here escapes me. Moving
services just to move them is not the answer. This has the makings of
inefficiency and ineffectiveness all over it. And it looks like serious
attempts were made to keep details away from the people, a bad sign.
Historically, combining services that serve aging and populations with
disabilities have been laden with problems and conflict. And what is this
talk of clustering us into “silos”? Are we animals?

Sorry for the dietribe!   This plan looks as if it will be a disaster for
SRS and for consumers of SRS services. This proposal is a grave concern and
I’ll be watching it closely and jumping in to put in my two cents’ worth
when needed. Thank you, Rob, for getting this to us and thanks to the Kansas
Health Institute for making it public!

Susan