[Home-on-the-range] Still Calling For Resolutions

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 18 04:29:02 UTC 2011

Hello Kansas Federationists,

You still have time to draft a resolution to present to the Resolutions
committee for markup and consideration at the committee work session on
Friday evening. In general, resolutions are not difficult to write as they
follow a pattern consisting of at least one Whereas clause and one Be It
Resolved clause. The Whereas claus(es explain or justify a need for a change
in public policy or practice, and the Be It Resolved portion is the call to
action; i.e., what do we want the public official or organization, be it
public or private, to do to advance the cause of improving the situation for
the blind in the area(s) addressed by the resolution. Please don't be
intimidated by the seemingly daunting task of writing technical language. On
the contrary, the plainer we can make the language, the better and more
readable the text of the resolution is. If you aren't completely satisfied
with the draft you produced, don't worry if your draft isn't perfect. That
is what the committee is for.

You may submit your draft or resolution idea to me at
rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net. Dianne Hemphill has announced she is collecting
resolutions drafts, so you may present your resolution draft or idea to her
as well. If you have trouble developing a formal draft but have a fairly
solid idea of what you want us to resolve, I invite you simply to present
the general idea and I will work on the language during the week. In either
case, please provide your telephone number or skype name in case I need to
ask any clarifying questions during the drafting process.

The more prepared we are with well developed drafts, the smoother and more
efficient the committee markup session will go. We have always come up with
a good resolution docket and with your help the 2011 state affiliate
convention in Wichita will prove to be no exception.

Happy resolving

Rob Tabor Resolutions Committee Chairman

Skhypename spice_cadet