[Home-on-the-range] NFBKs Sunflower Parade Info

Floyd floydray1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 02:22:15 UTC 2011

National Federation of the Blind, S. Central Kansas Chapter Entry number 3-18, will stage on EAST side of Main between 8th & 9th Street. Main or Market and 9th will be your drop off spot for transit. We need some one to help with the table so I can check in at the Parade or check in at the Parade so I can help at the table. Please get back to me by Sunday If you can help or know some one who wants to and is not on the web. My Phone is 316 871 2880.  Final update will be out Monday October 3rd. Hope to see you there.
Dear Kansas 150
Festival Sunflower Parade Participants:
Entries may line up as early as 9:30
a.m. with all entries being in their staging location no later
than 10:00am. Barricades will go up at that
time. Please note all entries have been assigned a section number and unit
number. Specific staging locations are noted along with directions for getting
to that location. Each section will have a staff person assigned to answer
questions and see that all entries are in their assigned places. Some parade
entries are staged out of line from their groups. This is intentional. These
groups will be marshaled into the lineup when their time comes.
All marching bands
will load in from Broadway at Murdock and be directed to one staging area in the
parking lot behind Wichita Area Builders
Association.
Attached to this email is
a map showing the main streets. The street closures for this event are as
follows:
Street Closures
 Douglas Avenue, Main Street to McLean Boulevard
 Murdock Street, Waco Street to Main Street
 Main Street, Eleventh Street to Douglas Avenue
 McLean Boulevard, Douglas to Lewis Street
The schedule for other
events taking place on
October 8 is as follows:
Kansas 150 Festival
Schedule
Sunflower Parade: 11 am – 12: 30 pm
Encampment: 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm(Booths
can remain in place until 5 pm)
Kansas: Home on the
Range Concert (Convention Hall): 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
From this point
forward Connie Clark will be your main point of contact for the Kansas 150 Festival Encampment Area taking place on October 8, 2011. Feel free to contact Connie if you
should have any questions or concerns.
Connie Clark
Community Event
Coordinator