[Home-on-the-range] Hope for the Blind

Sharon Luka pilgrim5 at cox.net
Fri Oct 12 20:35:03 UTC 2012

Wow!  This is exciting!

If you like, please travel with me back through the posts we've just
received from Cindy, Dianne  and Susie.  The stories speak of true "Hope for
the Blind."  These posts of success in training and employment provide true
blessings.

Some of you will remember Jane Roth, a former Federationist who passed away
in the early 1980s.  Our friend Jane was a great inspiration for all of us.
What happens to one blind person affects us all.

In 1983 or so, I notified Jane that a Lawrence telemarketing company was
hiring.  Well, she got the job!  My father scolded me for sharing news of
the hiring.  He thought I would not have a chance at the same position with
the same company.  You guessed it; I also got the job! , the company was so
impressed with Jane's positive can-do outlook, they hired me a week later.
Jane and I worked for the same firm until her passing.

Aside from the employment blessing, Jane blessed me in another fruitful way.
Her adventurous spirit led her into the world of computers.  She was going
to train to work for Continental, I believe, as an airline reservationist.
However, illness took her before this dream was fully realized.

Prior to her passing, Jane sold her new Tandy computer to Cindy Ray and
Chuck Hallenbeck.  They in turn sold the unit to me, and served as my
computer coaches.  My life still benefits from this great computer training
as we speak.

I often ponder how Jane, Cindy and Chuck opened many doors for me, as
computer is major for us in our work and enjoyment.

Thank you, Federationists!  Let's spur each other on through positive paths
of life!