[Home-on-the-range] "It's not what we do but the way that we do it!"

Sharon Luka pilgrim5 at cox.net
Sat Oct 27 17:59:20 UTC 2012

Wow!  This is really good!

In my Chicago public school, we weren't allowed to use a cane until sixth
grade or so.  We navigated the old school building trailing walls by hand,
and utilized forearm protective technique.  We managed to climb the
three-story building stairway, but it sure was liberating to get that cane!
I wasn't allowed to take my cane home the first night or two, so, I used a
baseball bat and no longer had to "feel" my way down the sidewalk.

I believe that, if we all had proper training as little children, we might
not undergo the fears blind people face in the absence of good positive
training.

Thank you for sharing!

Sharon Luka