[Home-on-the-range] KS BR Services on Trial

Timothy Hornik timothy.hornik at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 02:46:33 UTC 2013

Greetings Everyone,

Just writing to let you all know about the great work you all are doing with regards to advocating on behalf of the visually impaired Kansans. I had the pleasure today of watching Mrs Woods describe the services available to our community during the trial today. While this trial is not yet over, I am hopeful that the jury will see what we all know to be true. That being we have some of the hardest barriers to overcome with regards to successful longterm meaningful employment. Additionally, each one of us is very different, therefore no cookie cutter formula provides efficacious services. In social work, we have two terms , person in environment and self determination of the individual.

I view these actions  as one of the principals in advocacy, dispelling stereotypes and informing on the truth. Keep up the work with rectifying these misperceptions.

Thank you for your assistance,
Timothy Hornik
timothy.hornik at gmail.com
M: 785.330.3503