[Home-on-the-range] "why aren't the consumer organizations growing?"

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 12:11:48 UTC 2013

Hey there, wondered where you had been, Diane. I can't remember which way you spell that name.

How did you read those magazines before they went on-line.

I'm doing the Braille Summit in a couple of weeks, and it is at Perkins School for the Blind. On Wednesday morning is an optional tour. Anyway, we did not use our canes on the campus at the Kansas School for the Blind or on the campus in Iowa either. Never thought it was much of a problem, but when I lived in Deepwater, Missouri, I felt that I wanted to use a cane to avoid falling in ditches that existed on the roads there. It was a tiny town. I was proud to use it and go places, sometimes by myself. LOL.

I remember when Chuck recommended that I get a dog, I said I would stand out too much, look too different. His response to that was, hyou don't think you look different with a cane. I realized then that I hadn't thought of it before, and I decided it did not matter.

Cindy Lou