[Home-on-the-range] is success due to sheer talent

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Mon Mar 11 13:02:56 UTC 2013

Hello federationists- the February Smithsonian (accessed via News Line )  has an interesting slant on how most successful people get to where they  did  and it's typically not from excess talent or high intelligence  but rather, sheer perseverance ..This short article is found within the "ideas and innovations section - #5) "why the stories of successful people, sometimes begins with failure". Noted examples: Steve Jobs began by hacking into landlines to get free long distance telephone  calls - remember he was also fired from his own company before making it even more successful; also, Bob Dillon's band lost a high school talent contest ...
"opening lines. org is a collection of blogs covering the sometimes embarrassing start ups that successful people have gone through to get where they got to - that is to success. It appears  that finding success is more perseverance  than almost anything else. Most successful people are not a  child prodege   for example and most prodegs are not necessarily successful...So when we note that someone is successful, remember that it was not a forgone conclusion - most  had to put their embarrassing starts behind them rethink what they were doing, sometimes making radical changes in their careers and not letting set backs keep them from moving forward. With this in mind, , how do we move forward when we have  sometimes experienced failure(s)  and make the world a better place  for all blind people as well as for ourselves? Dianne