[Home-on-the-range] little house on the prairie & Diane McGeorge

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Tue Mar 12 13:28:34 UTC 2013

Hello federationists- as I am listening to the 2nd in a series of historical background of the real life "Little House on the Prairie"  individuals , Matilda Ziegler magazine, I believe I recall that Diane McGeorge helped prepare the blind Mary for believable acting for the show... I, at the time, was impressed that Hollywood would seek out the NFB for guidance to properly have Mary  become the well adjusted, positive and impressive blind woman in the show...just think if the directors took the traditional path and made Mary into the depressed, suicidal, helpless individual so popular with the show biz world...anybody recall if it was, indeed, our own Diane McGeorge of Colorado and founding director of the CCB  who did this? Dianne