[Home-on-the-range] 2013 Riverfest Guide is on NFB-Newsline

Tom Page topage at swbell.net
Wed May 29 08:16:23 UTC 2013

Hello listers,

Just wanted you to know that the Riverfest 2013 official guide has been posted on the Kansas local channel.  Also the last newsletter and the resolutions passed at our 2012 convention have been added.

For those not from Wichita, Riverfest is Wichita's yearly community festival.  The South Central Chapter has worked with Riverfest for several years to provided accessible guides.  This year we are focusing on Newsline as the source for the guide.

This year we will be participating in 'Ability Day' events demoing blindness skills and adaptive tech.  We are making large print guides and a few hard braille guides available as well as the following invitation in Braille and large print:

Riverfest 2013 is Constant Fun!

Join in the fun.  The riverfest 2013 Guide is now available on NFB-Newsline.   Simply dial into NFB-Newsline  (888-882-1629) and select 2 from the main menu then select 3 for the Kansas information channel.

Not a NFB-Newsline subscriber?  It is free and easy to become one. Anyone who cannot read print due to blindness or physical disability is eligible.   Call 866-504-7300 to sign up.

Thanks,
Tom