[Home-on-the-range] Fwd: [ADA Expertise] Ruling On NYC Disaster Plans For Disabled May Have Far Reach : NPR

Timothy Hornik timothy.hornik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:04:21 UTC 2013

Greetings Everyone,

Not sure yet on the focus you all will take this year, but the recent discussions on ADA around emergency preparedness has got me thinking. I have talked with a few in the Lawrence community who plays a role in emergency responses to disasters, and it seems to be very little discussion about this topic at many of their meetings and trainings. Additionally, I have noticed that the smart phone EBS alerts do not work for providing me information about potential dangers. I use Redcross Tornado, and have received warning and watches, while the official EBS reports nothing for this area.

Just some thoughts, as I am wondering how the rest of Kansas is treated.

Thank you for your assistance,
Timothy Hornik
timothy.hornik at gmail.com
M: (785) 330-3503