[Home-on-the-range] iPhone/IOS Device Training Workshop Update

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 25 12:45:13 UTC 2013

Dear fellow federationists and other interested parties,

AS previously announced I will conduct an iPhone and IOS device presentation
this coming Saturday September 28 and the following Saturday, October 5,
2013 from 1:00 to 4:00pm at the Westlink branch of the Wichita Public
Library. The Westlink branch is located at 8515 Bekemeyer Road which is in
the vicinity of Central and Tyler and is near a bus line. Should you need to
call the library directly its telephone number is 316-337-9456.

The workshop training fee is $10 per person for one session or $15 for both
traininngs. Hopefully this should be very affordable for everyone and will
help to defray my travel expenses from Lawrence.

Some of you may recall an offer by our list moderator Maryse Magnant to host
the training sessions in her home. However, due to a higher than expected
response with the help of some enthusiastic folks who did a good job of
spreading the word, I have moved the location to a spacious facility. At any
rate a big heartfelt thank you to Maryse for offering to host us. So I'll
see you on Saturday and we'll have a good time learning how to get more out
of those IOS devices.

Lastly, the iOS7 operating system is released and available for update.
Howeer, I recommend holding off on updating your iOS operating system until
third party app developers can modify their apps for optimum performance
with iOS 7. Thus, the training sessions will be based on iOS 6.14, but iOS 7
will not change the way Voiceover behaves according to Gabe Vega, CEO of
Commtech LLC and who is an alpha/beta tester. If you have all ready
installed the new iOS, we'll find a way to make it work.

Best regards to all,

Rob Tabor CEO Rotab Enerprises LLC and Sales Consultant for Commtech LLC

http://commtechusa.net/qr2/