[Home-on-the-range] FW: [IDevices] Fw: To the Growing Accessible AGOGO Community, We're Proud to Present...

Stanzel, Susan - FSA, Kansas City, MO Susan.Stanzel at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Apr 30 11:46:34 UTC 2014

Good morning Listers,

This looks like a simply wonderful app.

Susie

From: IDevices [mailto:idevices-bounces at gatewayfortheblind.com] On Behalf Of Reginald George
Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:42 AM
To: Support for I Devices.
Subject: [IDevices] Fw: To the Growing Accessible AGOGO Community, We're Proud to Present...

For those of us who are getting frustrated with the ever changing Stitcher interface, here is a similar  free streaming podcast player that is actively making a point to reach out to the large community of blind users to provide great content.  The app is 100% voiceover accessible, and I believe there is an Android version as well.

Reg

Hello from AGOGO!

Back in late 2013, a big, bright lightbulb went off in our heads: We realized AGOGO's listening service was the perfect thing to fill a void for the blind and sight-impaired community. News, sports, music, lifestyle – it's all here in one convenient place. Thanks to an amazing partnership with LightHouse Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired, we ignited a passion to learn the right way to do this, and we set out to make it happen.

Fast forward to now. In addition to making all of AGOGO's audio universally accessible, we just launched a dedicated Universal Access channel. It's stocked with stellar programming from some of the best accessibility networks (like ACB Radio, AppleVis, BBC In Touch, and more) out there.

That's where you come in: Our Universal Access Channel is still growing, and we're always looking for new networks and shows to add in order to make it even better. We'd love to hear your show suggestions, comments, and feedback! Just respond to this email, and we will get right back to you. And, as always, feel free to pass this email along to your friends to spread the word.

Love, Team AGOGO

Below, we've included a taste of AGOGO programming, from accessibility focused shows to audio we just think is awesome.

1. Valerie Hunter: Movies for the Blind This program is perfect for visually impaired movie and television fanatics. Valerie Hunter is an absolute whiz at mixing original movie soundtracks and narration to describe important scenes from your favorite movies as they happen. She's tackled American Psycho, The Cooler, and much more.

2. AppleVis: AppleVis Podcast For the tech savvy and Apple product users amongst us, the AppleVis Podcast is all you'll need. This show includes walk-throughs and demos of apps, tips on using iOS and Mac OS X, and accessory reviews.

3. BBC In Touch: News for Blind People This BBC show offers the most up-to-date news, views, and information for the blind and visually impaired.

4. Mike Lloyd: The Blind Sport Show This twice-monthly audio treat includes excellent recorded interviews, news, hints and tips, and personal opinions on a huge range of topics related to blind sport.

5. NPR: Fresh Air from WHYY Who doesn't love interviews with host Terry Gross? Fresh Air is fearless in the subjects and issues it tackles on a daily basis. You'll never get bored of this one.

6. WBEZ Chicago: This American Life One of the most popular shows in the country, This American Life and its amiable host Ira Glass dive deep into one quirky theme each week, exploring multitudes of different perspectives along the way. If there was ever a show that better illustrates all the walks of life in America, we haven't found it.

7. MSNBC: Ronan Farrow Daily Ronan Farrow is one of MSNBC's newest show hosts, and he's proven unwilling to shy away from covering some of the most controversial issues in the news. He asks tough questions, and tells compelling stories. We think he's the next Anderson Cooper.

8. ACB Radio: Speaking Out for the Blind A project of the American Council of the Blind, ACB Radio streams via the internet, up-to-date and relevant information worldwide, provides programming produced by blind programmers, and is a platform on which blind musicians and artists express their talents.

9. BBC: Documentary of the Week Each week, BBC produces an in-depth audio documentary on a guaranteed fascinating topic. Recent episodes include examinations of Generation X, a history of irony, and China's rise. Their latest episode about the new race to land on the moon is a must-listen.

10. New York Times: Inside the New York Times Book Review One of the most respected publications on Earth delivers its top-notch book review show each week, featuring author interviews of the most interesting books on the market.

11. WNYC: Soundcheck with John Schaefer If you want to nerd out on music, this is your show. There's no telling what subject or angle Soundcheck and its host John Schaefer will choose next, but you're guaranteed an extremely interesting and toe-tapping episode every time.

What are we missing? What would you love to hear? AGOGO doesn't pretend to have everything under the moon,  just the very best stuff.

If you like what you hear, please support us and our accessibility efforts by using AGOGO and passing us along to your friends. Here's the download link:

http://taps.io/lighthouse-email

Unsubscribe from these emails
[Image removed by sender.]