[Home-on-the-range] Your web site

Floyd floydray1 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 21:00:08 UTC 2014

I have chosen to address this issue here because all involved parties are on this list. Before posting a backhanded insult you need to get your facts striate.

 Posted on the nfb webmaster's list.

“The NFB of Kansas is in need of help with our site. There is stuff on it
as old as 2011. I can read html and write Java Server Pages at work, but
don't exactly know what to do about our web site. If any of you can point
me in the right direction please write back or call me at 913-339-9114.

Susie”

 I have requested all parties review their info on nfbks.org every year since I started trying to keep the site update. This request was made at State conventions, Board meetings, and on this list. While president of NFBKS Donna Wood also made the same request along with monthly reports to help keep the web site up to date and inform those looking to the NFBKS to see what is going on in their community.

 On November 30, 2013 on, Home on the Range I posted, “As the year comes to a close there is some maintainers that needs to be done on nfbks.org.  I will be changing years where needed and removing any thing that is no longer relevant.  Any change of leadership info for chapter or state needs to be in soon.
 In order to replenish our savings JoReta and I are both cutting back. I will be giving up my Internet for January, February, and March. I will be turning it back on in April.
Pleas send me any info you will need updated before Christmas.” I received no updates during that time. On January 4 I did receive an updated state officer list from Sharon Luka. My cell is great for receiving and sending e-mails and that is about it.

So Susie or any one who finds incorrect info start with the party responsible for sending the info update to your webmaster, or do it your self. I have no problem turning this over to some one else. I have sent the log in info to Susie S and Rob T so they can help keep the site up to date.

To recap, if you want your site to be current your members must do their part. The web master can only do as good a job as the members do.

Floyd