[Home-on-the-range] celebrating abilities day, River Fest

Serenqa Nickell via Home-on-the-range home-on-the-range at nfbnet.org
Thu May 15 18:57:38 UTC 2014

Good afternoon.

I'd like to get an idea of who's wanting to participate in Celebrate
Abilities day which takes place Tuesday June 3 from 5:00 P.M. to 8:00 P.M at
Kennedy Plaza (over by Century II).  I'm thinking that since this is not a
particularly busy night for River Fest and we had a pretty big booth last
year; I'd like to scale it down some.  I'm thinking maybe two tables instead
of three and maybe have one carpet instead of the three that we had last
year.  I'm also thinking that we should definitely concentrate on
having/demonstrating Braille and not so much on the adaptive aids.

However, everyone's ideas are welcome and any assistance is appreciated.
Even if you can help for just a part of the evening would be great.  Also,
if you know people who would be interested in participating let me know.  My
contact information s below.  Thanks

Serena Nickell

NFBKS South Central chapter President

Scnickell1980 at gmail.com