[Home-on-the-range] Call for 2016 Washington Seminar Delegates

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 24 14:33:00 UTC 2015

Greetings Kansas Federation colleagues,

The 2015 NFB Kansas State convention was a great success, but now it is behind us and time to focus on the upcoming 2016 Washington seminar. As it has from its beginning, the Washington seminar will take place at the holiday in capital, 550 C St. SW. Washington DC, from January 25 through the 28th.

At our pre-convention board meeting your state affiliate board approved funds to assist people and getting to the Washington seminar. The assistance level approved by the board will be $900 for students and $800 for all others on a per person basis. You're very capable NFB staff has negotiated a reduced room rate of $184 per night +14.5% hotel guest tax. To take advantage of the reduced room rate one must have ones reservation in by or before December 21. Needless to say, time is of the essence.

If you wish to participate in the 2016 Washington seminar please be sure to inform your president in a timely manner in order for Tom Page and myself as project code directors to determine who will receive financial assistance in attending. I strongly  commend you to contact your chapter or division president by no later than December 13 to assure your name will be in consideration for the seminar. If you wait until after the 13th, you will definitely be on borrowed time. I know this seems rather strict, but it is because the holiday and capital is being very strict with us in the special room rate that was provided under contract, and we want to give you plenty of time to arrange your hotel and transportation.

Of course you are welcome to be part of the Kansas delegation if you are able to come to the seminar and do not need financial assistance. Once the list of supported delegates has been determined I will post instructions for obtaining your hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn Capitol. We will also follow up, as we have in past years, with an informational teleconference for those who are interested in attending this year or in the future.

If we can provide any further information to help you take your decision about attending the Washington seminar, please do not hesitate to reach out to stake president Tom Page or myself. Tom can be reached by phone at 316-734-4839. His email address is
topage at swbell.net
You will find my contact information at the end of this posting.

IMHO, even if politics and policy are not your cup of tea, Washington seminar is a pilgrimage that I think every federationist should embark upon at least once. I invite you to give it serious thought. Rest assured that even if you do not make the list of supported delegates for 2016, it doesn't mean you won't be chosen in future years. As we all contemplate the upcoming Washington seminar I wish everyone a very joyful Thanksgiving holiday.
Best regards,
Rob tabor first vice President/legislative chairman national Federation of the blind of Kansas landline: 785-841-3875
Mobile: 785-865-9959
rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net