[Home-on-the-range] …about the importance of a Braille library/literacy

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Tue Jun 7 14:45:15 UTC 2016

Good morning Federationists - June's Braille Monitor, as usual, is full of interesting, thoughtful and provocative articles. I especially enjoyed, and reread several times,, article 10, written by Marc Maurer.  as it is full of personal insights about the value of both reading braille and listening to talking books,  and using these materials  effectively.  He tells about the power of libraries in general and  the huge impact of the Library for the Blind  in particular. The average blind library user, reads 30 books  each year. This is well more than the  average sighted reader.

I love a good story, a well written piece on trending subjects, thinking about a different way of "seeing" the world from a view I might never thought about, and having the world brought  to me in a interesting  way that paints a picture in my mind's eye.  Hope to    visit with each of you at the upcoming national convention. Dianne