[Home-on-the-range] Fwd: Lawrence Journal-World: Brownback Appoints Two Lawrence Residents to State Boardsh

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 26 14:44:37 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I am forwarding this article from the Lawrence Journal world as the easiest way to inform you of my appointment by Governor Brownback to the state independent living counsel. I do not so inform you in solicitation of pats on the back but only to express how pleased I am that there are now two Federation is on the SILCK committee. Tom Anderson was also very recently appointed. When I was interviewed by Kim Borchers of the governor staff I hope kind that services for the blind I'm on the Independent living centers ranges from the woefully inadequate to the nonexistent. Among other things, the SILCK board has the responsibility of developing an annual comprehensive state independent living plan for Independent living centers to follow in order to receive their state and federal funds. Rest a sure that I am committed to the position that independent living services for the blind must be a dress with the detailed specificity, a position which I have no doubt the independent living community in the state will be hearing in stereo. Have a great Sunday all.
Best regards,
Rob Tabor first vice president National Federation of the blind of Kansas
785-865-9959
Robdot Tabor at SBCglobal.nett f

Begin forwarded message: