[Home-on-the-range] Fwd: TAP TRACKS Fall 2016 & convention registration form

Lynda Canaday, soprano lynda at sunflower.com
Sat Nov 19 01:49:33 UTC 2016

Unsubscribe Please!  I am taking myself off of all of the lists I am on because I have almost 5000 messages.  They all piled up during the several months before I got my third new computer from Computers for the Blind.  So far, no problems with this one, Praise the Lord!  We are doing about as well as can be expected, considering our many health issues.  If you want to keep in touch, please reply to me privately at: Lynda at sunflower.com.  We both have possible surgeries coming up early next year and Jim will have his second sinus surgery within the next two to three weeks if all goes as planned.  I have healed from the hurt caused by members of the Lawrence chapter years ago and may be ready to rejoin at some point in the future but, right now, my four bible classes,  my possible joining on the worship team at church, planning a sacred recital, and teaching have my plate very very full.  I love every minute of it!  even all of the homework.  Thanks to Hetlioz, I no longer have to take naps during the mid day as Jim does because of his heart condition.  He is dealing with horrible vertigo and has had several falls this year, the first of which broke his ankle.  Now the dizziness hampers his being able to keep his balance.  Our newest addition to the family is Vonica, a rotweiler-Australian mix.  Even though she has contributed to "Daddy's" falls because of her large size and weight, she is still our Princess and she has Jim wrapped around his little finger at least twice.  Darby passed away on December 30th of 2014.  My Jim is extremely tender hearted and it took him quite some time to move through the grieving process.  I also took it hard but, I think I was somewhat more prepared for it than he was.  Darby had been given to us by a couple who had too many dogs.  He came to us in 2004 at the age of two, after we lost Crystal, our first adoptee from the Lawrence Animal Shelter.  A friend picked out a dog from the shelter whom he thought would fit well in our family but, Toby had been abused by children in his home before ours.  One second he was loving and playful and the next, he would snap.  After I had been bitten four times receiving an infection in my upper lip which required antibiotics and several months of healing, Toby a lab mix was returned to the shelter and put down.  In July of 2015, we adopted Veronica and changed her name to "Vonica," leaving out the "r" which I believe suits her better.  She had been a stray on the streets of Lawrence for several weeks before shelter personnel caught her.  She was very much under weight when we brought her home but good healthy food and lots of TLC brought her to the thriving "big girl with a little girl's heart," that she is today, all ninty-something pounds of her.  At almost two and a half, she is still growing longer and taller and she is just as sweet and loving as she ought to be.  Now, I'm not prejudiced!  Can you tell?  Again, please unsubscribe me from this list for the present time.  May God bless NFBK and have a wonderful convention.

Much Love,

Lynda Canaday

Soprano