[Home-on-the-range] What is the south-central chapter up to now?

Donna Wood donnajwood at cox.net
Sat Nov 19 16:15:43 UTC 2016

November 12, 2016

The South-Central chapter has had a very good couple of months with our
candy bar sales.  It was reported that we are down to 1 full box of candy
left for sale.  A motion was made and passed that we order another 10 boxes
of The Worlds Finest Chocolate candy bars.

It was reported that a small group gathered at Donna Wood's house on October
22, 2016, to braille flyers, for distribution to the blind and sighted
public.  The flyers give the South-Central meeting and contact information.
We will use these flyers at our community outreaches through out the year.

It was announced that the Colorado Center for the Blind would be holding a
legislative seminar the first part of January.  It was discussed that some
members might like to attend this seminar to prepare for Washington seminar,
which is January 29-February 2, 2017.

We were made aware of the state board meeting scheduled for Sunday, November
27, 2016 at 3:00 PM, by conference call.

A discussion was held on the Washington seminar.  South-Central chapter will
be providing $100 stypends to those members, approved by the chapter
President, to attend Washington seminar.  To  be eligible for a stypend you
must be a member in good standing and make your request in writing toEmily
Schlenker at emilyschlenker at cox.net <mailto:emilyschlenker at cox.net> .

South-Central had a very lively discussion on the State Convention that was
held November 4-6, 2016.  We discussed the high points of the convention
like, Patti Chang being our National Rep., the development of a Senior
division, the good number of students that attended and the good
presentations.  It was remarked that Sharon Luka did a great job on
presenting on UEB.

We are planning a Christmas party at Mike's Wine Dive at 4714 E. Douglas
Ave. Wichita, KS.  We welcome you to join us and share in a white elephant
gift exchange.  The Christmas gathering will happen on Saturday December 10,
2016 at 1:00 PM.  Watch on home-on-the-range for further details about the
party.

Emily reported that she has assisted 2 Vocational Rehabilitation clients
with filing complaints with the Office of Civil Rights.  There also may be a
third complaint in the works.

The South-Central Chapter wishes everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!