[Home-on-the-range] Fwd: [NFB-Legislative-Directors] Fwd: Message From Diane McGeorge Regarding Washington Seminar with important info for Kansas

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 28 14:12:00 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues and Federationism,

The State affiliate board met yesterday and took action to provide financial assistance to those wishing to attend Washington seminar 2017. A scholarship in the amount of $800 will be provided for non-student members in good standing of a chapter or division and $900 for student members in good standing of an NFBK chapter or division. If you would like to attend Washington Seminar with financial assistance as set forth you must make a request to your chapter president by no later than Friday, December 2. Our state president Tom Page and myself as state project directors will make the final decision as to who will receive financial assistance based on a variety of factors including being a member in good standing and participating actively in your chapter or division. Treasurer Bob Fuller will soon be sending out stipend checks next week, so you do not want to miss this deadline.

Another deadline you will not want to mess is the room reservation deadline of December 28. If you book your reservation after that date you may be able to get a room but not at the negotiated rate of $188 per night for singles, doubles, triples, and quads. The rest of the need to know information on the 2017 Washington Seminar from national government affairs director Parnell Diggs appears below.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and I look forward to visiting with you soon regarding your participation in the Washington Seminar.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor first vice President/legislative chairman
National Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959

Begin forwarded message:t