[Home-on-the-range] 2 important agenda items for Senior's Division call tonight

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Tue Feb 14 14:46:27 UTC 2017

Good morning everyone- as noted  by Tom Anderson's earlier reminder about tonight's Senior Division call in meeting , I will add items that you may want to consider prior to 7 PM  tonight.
1. The topic will focus on practical ways of identifying all the paper you have in your home. This is especially frustrating  if you do not use braille or are no longer able to see/read print. Please bring your ideas and approaches . This might extend to all things organizational around your home.
2. A short discussion and vote about using Schwan's, a food, home delivery company,  as a fund raiser. In order to save valuable time, here is  some information about how this could be both easy and a good fund raising option for the Senior's Division.

Once a 501C3 organization signs up with Schwan's and is approved, the organization can host up to 2 fund raising campaigns per year. For the first 45 days of each campaign, the organization will receive 20 percent of all orders made in the organizations name. During the following 90 days, the organization will receive 5 percent of the   order made in their behalf.  If a gift card is purchase for $25. , $10. will go to the organization with a limit of one gift card per customer per campaign.

Many of us already use Schwan's food home delivery and love the great food items and twice a month home delivery. Any order over $50.  has  free delivery; under $50. orders cost $5. for delivery.   Several other NFB groups have used this company as a fund raiser . I have supported the NFB of South Dakota, for example, in the past year when their affiliate asked for support.  It was easy to do and benefited their affiliate with my orders that  I do anyway.
Please bring any questions or concerns you might have.

I'm looking forward to our call tonight and hearing how each of you manage the ever elusive printed page and other ideas and/or concerns we should discuss. Dianne