[Home-on-the-range] 2018 NFB of Kansas convention announcement

Tom Page topage at swbell.net
Thu Sep 13 23:03:08 UTC 2018

Greetings Kansas Federationists and friends,

I am pleased to announce that the 2018 convention of the National Federation of

the Blind of Kansas will take place at the Hotel at Old Town in Wichita, KS on November 2-4.  I look forward to the

family reunion, celebration of our successes, and strategy for the future.  This is an extra special convention as it marks

our 50th annual gathering since the organization of the NFB of KS in 1969.  Attached you will find the registration form.

Some of this year’s highlights will be:

•   Fellowship and fun at our welcoming reception  on Friday and happy     hour on Saturday.

•   Banquet address by National Representative

    Anil Lewis

•   Informative speakers on topics of interest

    to blind Kansans

•   National and State reports

•   Annual Business meeting

•   Great live band on Saturday night

We plan to focus on topics including: education of blind children, skills training

for blind people of all ages, and our ongoing advocacy work and partnerships.  I hope to get to meet and spend time with

each and every one of you in Wichita this November!

The fall issue of TAP TRACKS will be posted in the next couple of days.  It will include more information on our special

seniors training event and Anil Lewis’ bio.

Hotel info:

Hotel at Old Town at 830E. 1st St., Wichita, KS 67202

telephone (316) 267-4800. Room rates are $119 (includes breakfast) per night

Thanks

for all each of you do,

Tom Page

President,National Federation of the Blind of Kansas

316-734-4839