[Home-on-the-Range] NFBKS upcoming state convention

donnajwood at cox.net donnajwood at cox.net
Thu Oct 24 19:18:14 UTC 2019

Hello Fellow Federationists,

I am so excited!  It is just a little over a week and I will get to see you.
The convention committee has planned a fantastic state convention this year.
The North-Central chapter is doing a wonderful job in supporting the state
convention committee.  So when you see them at convention be sure and THANK
them for their hard work.

If you haven't filled out a preregistration form yet, there is still time.
Just go to nfbks.org and you will find a link to the state convention
registration form.  Fill it out and e-mail it to treasurer at nfbks.org
<mailto:treasurer at nfbks.org> .  This is a big help to the state convention
committee, in that it helps us to get a more accurate head count to give to
the hotel for seating and meal preparation.

Speaking of food, you may want to know what we are having to eat at
convention.  Hospitality on Friday evening, in the prefunction area you can
enjoy spring rolls, jalapeno poppers, beef sliders, chili cranberry
meatballs and a cash bar.  Our lunch on Saturday will be lasagna, caesar
salad and cheese cake.  At the banquet we wil have steak, potatoes, salad,
key line pie or chocolate cake.  It is chef's choice for the vegetarian
option.  There will also be a cash bar at banquet.  Our entertainment
following the banquet will be Don Wagner and Sylvia kvacik and Amos Vega.

Convention will start on Friday November 1st at 1:00 PM with the technology
seminar.  Following that will be the legislative workshop.  Friday evening
will be the usual activities, vendors, resolutions and nominating committee.
Saturday November 2nd, we have a great line-up of presenters.  Starting with
our national rep. John Fritz.  Then we will hear from State President Tom
Page and others from within the organization and from the community,
schools, businesses and agencies.  On Sunday November 3rd, we will hold our
annual business meeting.  Be watching in the next few days for a more
complete agenda for our 51st annual NFB of Kansas state convention.

Come and join us and help build the Federation in Kansas!

Donna J. Wood, 2nd Vice-President

National Federation of the Blind

Of Kansas