[Home-on-the-Range] Blind senior division, news on reminders

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 29 16:12:56 UTC 2020

Good morning Kansas federation family,

On Tuesday evening the senior blind division of NFBK held its annual meeting via teleconference. Several members of the blind senior division shared their experiences and insights of the recent virtual national blind seniors retreat. Elections were held resulting in the reelection of all officers which include President Dianne Hemphill, vice president Susie Stanzel, secretary Tom Anderson, and treasurer Rob Tabor.

The Kansas blind senior division meets on the fourth Tuesday of every month and currently has 15 members. membership renewal Dues are now due, and the leader ship team asks all members to submit their dues payments before state convention or as soon as possible. Membership dues are just five dollars and are normally collected at the state convention where we usually hold our annual meeting. as we are all undoubtedly aware, that is not possible this year due to the conventions being a total online event. This being true, it is necessary for members to pay our dues by alternative means. The following options are available for remittance of membership renewal dues.

(1) payments in the form of check, money order, travelers check, or cash may be sent to our state treasurer Robert Fuller at 1120 Randall Road, Lawrence, KS 66049-3433. Checks or money orders should be paid to the order of NFB Kansas, with ”SR. Blind Div. dues” in the memo field.
(2) if you have four wish to create a PayPal account, You may send your payment electronicayou may send your payment electronically through our PayPal account using treasurer @nfbks.org as the specified payee. Be sure to specify blind senior dues in the notes fieldBe sure to specify blind senior dues in the notes field so that you can get proper credit for renewing your membership. The same is true of all direct mail or electronica payments.
(3) F you have either Venmo or Cash App installed on your smartphone you may electronically pay your dues using @RobTabor on Venmo or $ Rob Tabor on Cash App.
(4) Last but not least, iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device users may submit your dues via Apple Paylast but not least, iPhone, iPad, or other iOS device users may submit your dues to me via Apple Pay.

Finally, remember there are blind seniors who areFinally, remember there are blind seniors who are unaware of the Federation and can certainly benefit by what we have to offer. Therefore, if you know of any relatives, friends, or casual acquaintances who are blind, have limited eyesight, and live in Kansas, Please be sure to invite them to check out our division.Inquiries as to the services and other information about the Kansas by senior division may be initiated via Tele Inquiries as to the services and other information about the Kansas by senior division may be initiated via telephone or email to our president Dianne Hemphill @(316) 201-1323, or via email to Diannehemphill at cox.net. Though most of our members are over 50, we do not have a minimumThough most of our members are over 50, we do not have a minimum age requirement in our divisional constitution.

It is hard to believe how rapidly time flies, but we are just eight days away from our state affiliate convention. If you have not already registered please remember to send you our registration information via email to Ashley Neybert at Crazy4 chemistry at att.net. meanwhile, stay well and I hope to connect with you at state convention.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | treasurer Blind senior division nationalblind senior division national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net