[Home-on-the-Range] Victory for blind parents in Kansas

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 19 01:38:54 UTC 2022

Congratulations Kansas Federation Family! No, you’re not dreaming. We have really done it. Governor Laura Kelly signed senate bill 343 today. H A big thanks goes to everyone who contributed in anyway at all to get this done.

Now that we have a package of guaranteed rights and procedural safeguards for blind parents in Kansas, merely having a law on the books is not enough. We will need to take whatever action is necessary to make sure that this new and very important piece of legislation is thoroughly and properly enforced. Also, I would note that we have finally obtained some momentum with a Kansas Legislature and we need to leverage this in order to achieve our other legislative priorities in Kansas. But for now, enjoy the victory and do celebrate it responsibly.

Best regards,
Rob Tabor | first vice president/legislative Director national Federation of the blind of Kansas
(785) 865-9959
Rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net